AustralasiaBooksCultureDiasporaFeaturesSocietyWorld

Her Voice: Women’s empowering stories of courage and transformation find resonance in the US

Not just a book; an inspirational undoing of shame, isolation, and self-doubt, transforming it into a powerful narrative of unapologetically owning one’s voice

My eyes popped wide open when I found Varvara’s e-book: “Her Voice.”

• Dr. Elizabeth Marmaras

I read the first chapter and was immediately deeply moved.

Varvara Ioannou Athanasiou at the ‘Her Voice’ book launch. Photo: Supplied

How could we share such amazing similarities in our backgrounds and similar purposes in two separate continents?

Was I dreaming or had the Universe being so kind once again?

If you have heard Haris Alexiou song Prosefhi (prayer) – Give me a dream to walk with, give me a name not to get lost , a vision to keep moving, etc..you would immediately gather that this is an inspirational book of undoing shame, isolation, not enough ness or too muchness, into a new story of standing inside a space of unapologetically owning one’s voice. Simply there is no other way!

I am a Greek-American NYC clinical psychologist empowering brilliant heart centered women leaders to transform their old stories of feeling voiceless, valueless, not enough or too much, into new stories of non negotiable value, impactful voice, exponential vision, and unlimited possibilities so that they can create a life on their own terms.

I was searching to recommend a book to my clients, written by a Greek female who had not only transformed her own story of limitations and shared it with the world, but ho had also inspired other Greek women and their philhellene friends to do the same. To me, this is such a bold act of kindness of every woman who shared her story in this book, an act of true power worth noticing, honoring and celebrating.

I contacted Varvara who sent me a hard copy with her friend traveling to NYC that weekend. I also met Varvara recently in Thessaloniki, Greece.

Both over zoom and in person, I immediately experienced with Varvara what I experienced by reading her book.

The book is a result of Varvara’s clarity about her own divine purpose to stand boldly in her own voice to empower Greek women and their friends to unapologetically stand in their own true voice.

It speaks to her powerful leadership and generosity to gather other resilient and powerful women to stand strong in their voice and share their own inspirational stories and in return inspire the world.

It is about Varvara’s commitment to her own transformation and being a model, a lighthouse of inspiration; and finally its about boldness and courage to create the conditions to have a sisterhood of women to share, inspire and transform one another, and create a local, regional, and global ripple effect of meaningful contribution and legacy,

The book takes you on a journey of transforming fear into courage, of holding compassion for our lost identity; of stepping into a new identity with ferocity and perseverance, and finally it is about integrating all parts of our journey into a solid, and unapologetically confident identity of owning our own voice, our own worth and value and becoming a world leader to transform the world into a world of meaning, connection, respect and celebration of all women.

I am so privileged to have come across Varvara and being impacted by her presence, passion and true power!

Deep gratitude to her and to every woman contributor for this bold and heartfelt act of courage.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button